Followers



Islamic Fashion Festival (IFF), Where is the Islamic in it?



Recently, Muslims in Malaysia are exposed to the news of the organisation of the Muslim Fashion Festival at the international level whereby some of the models not only expose their ‘aurah, some were even shown wearing the word ‘Muhammad’ on their chests.

 

In actuality, the festival held in Monte Carlo on August 9 was not the first time it was held. It has been held several times before but this time the fashion in the festival is most definitely beyond the boundaries thus contrary to Islamic law. We can see and evaluate ourselves based on the photographs, which have been spread wide in the internet, how can we accept women’s fashion that exposes the hair, thighs, legs, chests, backs, shape of the body and then the name ‘Islam’ plastered on the fashion? Whose teachings are that who would say those are Muslim women clothing? Let us ponder God's commandments contained in Surah an-Nur ayah 31, which means;

And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! Turn ye all together towards God, that ye may attain Bliss.



We also ponder the meaning of the sayings of the Prophet;
From Abu Hurairah radhiyallahu 'anhu, he said, the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alayhiwasallam said, "Two groups of occupants of Hell that I never saw (during my lifetime): The people who have whips like the tails of cattle and they whip people with it. The second is women who are naked even though they are dressed, these women walk swaying away and the buns of their hair are those like camel humps. And such women as these will not smell the Heavens. Know that the smell of Heaven can already be smelt of such and such a distance."
[Hadith narrated by Muslim]

It is sad when we are told that this festival is organized by people who profess the Syahadah and are Muslims. It is not surprising when disbelievers portrait a bad image of Islam when Muslims themselves have followed in their footsteps. Perhaps the noble intentions behind such a festival is to display an 'Islam' image that is modern, moderate, progressive, and anti-terrorism. But the fact is that this organization seems simply to meet the needs of malicious enemies of Islam and following the West.


Customarily, Muslims in Malaysia would refer to the JAKIM halal stamp in choosing food, beverages, cosmetics, and products which are guaranteed halal and conform to the Islamic laws. In banking and finance it is definite for the bank to have its own Sharia panel to monitor and supervise all the procedures, terms and products branded Islamic so that it really does not deviate from the teachings of Islam. In fact, for all the da’i who want to talk and give lectures related to religious affairs in the mosque also need credentials from the Islamic religious department of the particular state as license of approval to speak about Islam.

So, we should ask the organizers of IFF where is the 'Halal stamp' of JAKIM which allows the name of Islam affixed with the name of their program? Or who are the panel of Islamic scholars and clerics that monitors and gives approval to that fashion given the brand of Islam? If such a thing could not be proved, it is reasonable for Muslims to rise and urge for the organizers to drop the word Islam from the festival in order to save the dignity of our religion from being tarnished in such a way. However, if the organisers still want to continue their noble intentions to promote Islam around the world, I DEMAND for the set up of a panel of Sharia experts that would monitor the designs to be issued and ensure that all relevant aspects of the festival is in compliance with Islamic law and free from immoral elements.

I also urge the organizers to publicly apologize for their actions which show fashion that goes against Islamic law. They must also promise not to repeat this heinous act in the future. In closing, let us ponder the words of Allah in Surah al- Ahzab verse 36, which means;

It is not fitting for a Believer, man or woman, when a matter has been decided by God and His Apostle to have any option about their decision: if any one disobeys God and His Apostle, he is indeed on a clearly wrong Path.
(al-Ahzab:36)


ZATIL ARIFAH BT MOHD AMIN,
VICE PRESIDENT 3,
STUDENTS’ REPRESENTATIVE COUNCIL 2009/2010,
INTERNATIONAL ISLAMIC UNIVERSITY MALAYSIA.

6 comments:

Nolan Osman said...

Good Day Everyone,
I am Nolan Osman, i'm new in here but i like to share my testimony to everyone that has tried everything possible and had lost hope on how to borrow Money from Bank or seek for a loan to boost your business and had lost hope.
You must ignore all these loan lenders, because they are all SCAMS…real SCAMS…i was a victim of which i was ripped thousands of dollars…
But my life entirely changed since I met Mortgage Kapital Credit post by chance on internet! and how they are giving good loan online and i decided to ask for a loan as soon as possible. I thought it was a scam just like other post but i got reply and they approved my loan for just 3% within 24 hours after meeting up to their necessary requirements, and my loan was deposited in my bank account without collateral.

I advise those who are looking for a reliable lender to contact mortgagekapitalcredit @ gmail.com. I completely trust them and please do not hesitate to contact me at nolan.osman @ yahoo.com if you want to know more about them.

Nolan Osman sent from my ipad

Rathan Charod said...

Good day everyone. I am Johnson Cilva, a citizen of Georgia USA, I will love to share this great testimony that took place in my life for everyone to know it and be partaker of it that is why I always place it on answer, I want to thank ( Mr Rathan Charod ) for his kindness upon my family. Just a few months Back, I was in search of a loan of $75,000.00 as I was running out of money for my business and i could not pay my bills anymore. I was scammed $8,500 and I decided not to get involve in such business again I never knew that a real lender like ( Rathan Charod Company ) still exist on internet and on earth here. until a Friend of mine introduced me to ( rathancharodloancompany@gmail.com ) due to my appearance and doings. At first I told him I was not interested in any loan deal anymore then he assure me that ( Mr Rathan Charod ) is a genuine lender, though i never believed him, I made a trial and I am glad i did, I was given a loan amount of $75,000.00, by this Company ( Rathan Charod Loan Company ) managed by (Mr Rathan Charod) If you are in need of a genuine, legit loan or any financial assistance and you can be reliable, trusted and capable of paying back at the due time of the funds I will advice you to contact:( rathancharodloancompany@gmail.com ) and you be free from scams on the internet. All thanks to Mr Rathan Charod Loan Company for restoring life unto my business
Affordable Loan Offer Apply Now

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

xen jim said...

My name is zunna, I am from New york, United State, am here to testify of how i got my loan from Mrs Ingrid {ingridkloetloanfirm@gmail.com} after i applied Two times from various loan lenders who claimed to be lenders right in this forum,i thought their lending where real and i applied but they never gave me loan. I was in need of an urgent loan to start a business and i applied from various loan lenders who promised to help but they never gave me the loan.Until a friend of mine introduce me to Mrs Ingrid kloet the C.E.O of INGRID Loan Company who promised to help me with a loan of my desire and he really did as he promised without any form of delay, I never thought there are still reliable loan lenders until i met Mrs Ingrid, who really helped me with my loan and changed my life for better. I dont know if you are in need of an urgent loan, free feel to contact Ingrid loan company on email{ ingridkloetloanfirm@gmail.com} for help

Pedro Martin said...

Am here to testify how Mr Martins helped me with the blank ATM CARD to become a millionaire . He is a wonderful hacker which i mailed about the BLANK ATM CARD . I was in financially difficulties till i got these card delivered to me after paying for it . The card was shipped to me in 24 hrs and i have withdraw $400,000 already, $4,000-$20,000 daily. Now i have my financial freedom , you can also be rich by contacting him via email . These is the most easiest way to become a millionaire in few days. Here is the email if you truly need ONE of this card. (martinshackers22@gmail.com martinshackers22@gmail.com).... 100% REAL.

funloanfirm said...

Hello Everybody, TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT A LOAN TO CHANGE THE BROKE LIFE OF MY FAMILY My name is Mrs Clency Dexter. I live in USA Florida and i am a happy woman today? I told my self that any Loan lender that could change my Broke Life and that of my family, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to Them. They gave happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as a widow with 3 kids I meant this honest and GOD fearing loan lending company online that helped me with a loan of $250,000.00 U.S. Dollar, They are indeed GOD fearing People, working with a reputable loan company. If you are in need of loan and you are 100% sure to pay back the loan please contact them and please tell them that Mrs, Clency referred you to them. contact via E_mail: mikemorrisfinancegroup@gmail.com

Post a Comment